Meet Dr. Laniado
I have always found practicing orthodontics to be extremely gratifying on many levels. I truly enjoy going to work every day and I realize how fortunate I am to be able to say that. Not only am I using the skills and expertise acquired during my training, but I also have the joy in seeing the positive emotional and social benefits of a beautiful smile for my patients. During the multiple visits required for orthodontic care, I am able to form a unique friendship and bond with my patients. It is a special time in my patients' lives when they receive orthodontics, especially my younger patients, and I feel fortunate to be a part of their lives for even just a couple of years. Call me at (914) 472-9595 to learn more about starting orthodontic treatment.
My education has helped me develop a solid foundation in orthodontics. It is because of my education that I am able to provide my patients with the high quality care and attention they deserve.
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Cornell University, graduated cum laude
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree - Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine
- General practice residency - Booth Memorial Hospital
- Orthodontics certificate - Montefiore Medical Center
- Part-time attending - St. Barnabas Hospital
I consider continuing education to be a vital part of my job. Dentistry, and orthodontics in particular, is always evolving and it is crucial that I stay current with new techniques and technologies. I am a member of several professional organizations that provide me with opportunities for continuing education, including the:
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists (NESO)
- New York State Dental Society
- Ninth District Dental Society
- Scarsdale Dental Society (former president)
- Alumni Board Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine
I have been practicing orthodontics since 1987. I am always looking for ways to provide the best care possible for my patients, and to ensure that every patient who comes to my practice, no matter how young or how old, feels welcome, comfortable, and happy here.
Dr. Laniado outside of the practice
I am originally from Riverdale, New York, and I have lived in Scarsdale since 1994. I have two beautiful daughters, Arielle and Olivia, and a wonderful dog named Lola. When I'm not in the office, I enjoy spending time with my daughters, exercising, reading, photography, museums, and going to concerts. I am also involved in the community by participating in the Smiles Change Lives and Operation Smile programs.